What You'll Do
This is a food tour and cooking class rolled into one, and then some! A day spent on this tour sees you tick off the majority of your Hoi An `To Do’ list. You’ll be treated to a tour of the local produce market and then a boat trip along the Thu Bon River to Cam Thanh, where a coconut basket boat ride awaits you. After that is a ride to the restaurant, via a water-buffalo-led cart. You are welcomed with a fruity refreshment and head, foot and shoulder massage. All this before the cooking class has even begun!
You will be guided through the preparation of four delicious local dishes. To start, a traditional Vietnamese chicken curry, full of flavoursome fresh, locally sourced lemongrass. The second dish is a colourful mango, pork and shrimp salad. It comes complete with decorative salad garnish, followed by a hearty beef pho. Nhu, the attentive and experienced guide, then demonstrates how rice paper is made, truly fascinating to watch.
Start Time 7.45.a.m or 12.30.p.m
Finish 1.p.m or 6.p.m
Hidden Hoi An Recommends
The entire day is a unique experience delving into the intricacies of where Hoi An locals source their ingredients. Followed with how they turn them into the aromatic and delectable dishes we all know and love.
This Cooking Tour is undoubtedly fantastic value for money. It’s a brilliant way of soaking in all the sights, sounds and flavours of Hoi An and the surrounding areas. Hidden recommends this tour for those yet to explore the area, who have a whole day to spare for sight-seeing and activities. The tour might only take 4-5 hours but a lot of ground is covered.
Pickup and return by car from your hotel in Hoi An
English speaking teacher
Food & Drinks
All the food for the meal
Basket boat ride
Basket boat ride
Ride on a Water Buffalo Cart
Please let us know about allergies and dietary requirements when booking.
Adult: 1,000,000 VND (45 USD)
Child: 5 to 9 years old. 930,000 VND (40 USD)
Children under 5 are free.
Upon successful payment, you will receive an email with your order summary (this is not the same as booking confirmation). Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email together with your voucher(s). Your voucher is what you need to redeem the Hidden Hoi An activity or service.
Depending on the Hidden Hoi An activity or service you purchased, the time it takes for your booking to be confirmed may vary. Many of the top-selling activities have instant confirmation for a hassle-free travel experience!
The confirmation email with your Hidden Hoi An voucher(s) will also come with instructions on how to use the voucher.
- Please note: In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your spam folder or notify us via email. If you have any concerns regarding your booking or would like more information please contact us via our live chat or email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full refund will be provided if you cancel at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Should unforeseen circumstances result in a tour being cancelled by the tour company a full refund will be made.
- Should adverse weather conditions present on the day of the tour, normal practice is to wait out the weather as rain is usually not sustained. Should weather conditions be deemed unsafe by the tour manager, the tour will be cancelled and all monies refunded.
How to Use
- You will be collected from your hotel. Please be ready 15 minutes before the start time.
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher on the day of tour.
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified and is valid for single use only.
Sabirama Hoi An Tour and Cooking School
Quy, who has run the Sabirama Restaurant for six years, has created an experience that combines both a food and cooking tour with extras. The Sabirama Restaurant and Cooking Tour is fantastic value for money. It is so much more than just a ‘cooking class’, ticking off most of your to-do list in Hoi An and allowing you to soak in all the sights, sounds and flavours of the local surrounding areas.